Saturday, June 7, 2008

instant nursery art space



My tiny Picasso loves scribbling on this canvas made from Wallies peel & stick chalkboard panels. They are sold as a 4-pack of 9"x12" panels that are repositionable and removable. I bought two boxes from The Paper Source and used six panels to create the canvas.

She's 18 months old so I find myself saying "just here, just here" a lot, pointing to the canvas. Miraculously she hasn't written on the walls yet. Like every parent we know we were afraid that this might teach her that it's okay to write on the walls. The upside to a tiny home is that we can always have an eye on her! I think it is actually teaching her that certain things are only for certain places.

You can buy them online at Olive Kids for $15.99 a pack. They come in a choice of Slate Gray, Grape, Blueprint or Schoolhouse Green. I cut one into a squirrel (I'm obsessed with the cute critters at the moment) and use it as a play date message board. I think these are such a cool way to have fun with chalk without having to commit to chalkboard paint.

No comments: