Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bookcase office-craft center


If you are a crafter like me, or if you want a home office that you can keep from tiny prying hands this is a great do-it-yourself project from Martha Stewart. It barely takes up any space.


I have a wonderful desk and cabinet my husband built for us otherwise I would build one myself (my husband would build for me, that is). I am taking inspiration from the tin bins and plastic containers and how wonderfully organized they look. I find it calming.









Here a few sources for some of the storage containers:
Plastic bead containers can be found at Widget Supply
Beautifully patterned file folders and magazine holders at The Paper Source or See Jane Work







I love the idea of framing a swatch of wallpaper with molding, though I don't care for the one Martha chose. There are a lot of amazing papers to choose from these days. Check out the papers at
ferm Living
Mod Green Pod
Fabric is a less expensive alternative with practically limitless options. I like Amy Butlers fabrics at the moment. My favorite site to peruse fabrics is purl soho. If using a fabric I would attach it to a thin particle board first to prevent sagging.
For building instructions visit bookcase armoire how to on Martha's website.

No comments: